Friday 21 October 2011

Jamie's Itallian - Bath

I know it says Bath but we were in Bath and Jamie's was on my list and I presume its the same in Bristol too!!

The place was heaving for 12.20 on a Thursday lunch but luckily it was a big place so it didn't seem crowded, everything is on different levels which is nice.

The staff were very attentive and got nothing wrong they were very friendly and laid back too which was great!

The food was very very nice, proper Italian (reminded me of food I had in San Gim in Italy).  I had a meat plank to start which was small but had very good meat and cheese on it, Andy had squid and it was the best he's had.
Mains were Very good Andy had meatball carbonara Rome style which was little meatballs and a fresh less heavy sauce which was good, I had Osso Bucco (Veal shin) and polenta, the polenta was quite tasteless but the sauce was amazing with fried capers which tasted even more amazing! the veal was perfect, very soft and full of flavor.  After 2 courses we had enough room for pudding and they made up for small starters, Andy had a very lemony ricotta cheesecake which was sooo rich but good, I had peach and almond tart (frangipane) which is one of my faves and it was huge!!! and Very delicious!

All in all good, but quite slow (we were there 2 hours) and just edging on the expensive side but good none the less.

FOOD: 8.5/10
CUSTOMER SERVICE: 8/10
AMBIENCE: 8.5/10
PRICE: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment